Spiral Wound Gasket
Spiral Wound Gasket is the
ideal gasket in the semi-metallic category. A narrow strip of V-shap metal hoop
is spirally wound under tension with a filler cushion between the lami nation of
the metal and is spot-welded at both ends。
The Spiral Wound Gasket uses expanded graphite tape as the filler material which
provides superb sealability even under severe conditions such us high
temperature, high pressure, cryogenic temperatures, heat cycles, temperature
cycles and so on. Feature
1. Sealing, especially gas sealing, is superior to that of asbestos gaskets.
2. Little deterioration of the filler material at high temperatures,
outstanding long-term sealability even under high temperatures and high
3. Sealing remains outstanding even under servere conditions such as pressure
fluctuations and heat cycles.
4. Excellent sealability is maintained making it possible to apply this for
corrosive fluids by selecting the appropriate materials.
5. Outstanding sealing even at cryogenic temperatures.
||Maximum service temperature °C
||Maximum service pressure
|Water type fluids
|Oil type fluids
|Gas type fluids
|Cryogenic temperature fluid
Spiral Wound Gasket Types:
(1) There are four types: Basic type gasket for motched joint flange;
inner ring for raised face flange;gasket with outer ring for smoothing
flat welded flange
and ;gasket with inner and outer rings for smoothing butt welded gasket.
(2) The material:
(A) steel ribbon:304,1Cr18Ni9T(321),316 and 316L,etc.
(B) Ring:mild steel,oCr13,oCr18Ni9,304,316 and 316L,etc.
(C) Non-metal ribbon:flexible graphite,special-purpose asbestos,Teflon
and non-asbestos sheet.